The village of Appleton is located on the shores of the Mississippi River.

First settled in the 1820s, the community soon had a sawmill and a gristmill at the falls. A blacksmith, a cobbler, two churches and general store were among several small businesses to open near the mills. In 1862, the Teskey family built a woollen mill that became the village’s main industry for 130 years.

The 18-hole Mississippi Golf Club is located just outside the village.

Directory

Find More